Thursday, April 16, 2009

You spin me right round baby, right round...

So the big day has come and gone, and the big question now is, what is next for rogue one. One of the biggest problems I saw with our demo was that since both motors spin in the same direction, the craft tends to pull HARD to the left at high speed, the only way to remedy that is to find a pair of counter rotating props, so that the rotation will b countered. This will lead to higher top speeds.

The only problem with that plan, is that no one seams to make props that small in a matched set for counter rotation, meaning I will have to go with much larger props, meaning I will have to extend the boom arms, and that the blimp will have a larger footprint.

I'm gonna place and order for a few sets of these http://www.rctoys.com/rc-toys-and-parts/DF-0845CR/RC-PARTS-APC-PROPELLERS.html and once they come in, time to start experimenting.

No comments:

Post a Comment